Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Few More Minutes

   Today I came across some change stuck in my car so I started searching around to see if there was anymore money and found a decent little amount. After collecting all that I had found I drove past some parking meters and thought that would be the perfect place to use my new found change. I'd been wanting to do this act for a while and today all the right elements fell into place for it to happen. Now I know, that it's not exactly legal to add more money to parking meters that you aren't parked at, but I decided this act of kindness was worth the risk. So I went and placed the change in some meters where cars were parked giving them a few extra minutes. Then as I was getting ready to leave, I noticed a women pull up and park at the one meter that I didn't put money in. So I pulled up next to her before she got out and told her that there were a few spots behind her that had some time on them and if she was only going to be a few minutes she wouldn't have to pay anything. She was very appreciative and happy because she was digging for change and coming up short it looked like. So she backed out and parked at one of the other meters. I'm glad she came by while I was still there so I could help her out and hopefully others were able to take advantage of a little free parking as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment