Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chemo Duck

   Today I came across a great organization while I was out with my kids. While we were at Walgreens, they were taking donations for an organization called Gabe's Chemo Duck program. They are a non-profit that is dedicated to helping children and their families that are living with childhood cancer and they are also locally based out of Nashville. Childhood cancer is a cause that I feel so strongly about and try and help or donate to any chance I get. Gabe's Chemo Duck program distributes stuffed ducks to kids with cancer as a comfort tool but they also come with lots of helpful information that explains to children and their families more about cancer and their chemo treatments. You can check out the website and learn more about this great organization by clicking HERE.
   So for my act of kindness/good deed I made a donation to them. I have been so very blessed to not have had to deal with the unthinkable that is my kids having cancer but should something like this ever happen to our family, I'm glad that there are groups like this out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment