Saturday, June 15, 2013

Supporting Local Farmers

Today for my good deed/act of kindness I went to our farmers market and supported local farmers and businesses. Buying local food is great for a few reasons, one being the food is fresher and more nutritious because it doesn't have to have lots of preservatives and chemicals added to it to make it last longer than it should. Another reason is because it supports local farm families buy helping them get full price for their food and it boosts local economies as well. Thirdly buying local food is great because it helps conserve energy. It cuts down on petroleum use because food isn't having to be transported all over the country to major retailers. It also cuts down on packaging as well.
The picture here is just a few of the items we got today. They had so many great fruits and vegetables along with some yummy baked goods that my kiddos enjoyed. I did my part today, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment