Friday, June 14, 2013

More Kindness With Quarters

   So far this year, I've been able to do a lot of acts of kindness with spare change I've had, mainly quarters. Today was another one of those days. I was thinking of my friend Erin this afternoon and remembered a story she told me about how she was trying to do a good deed at the store Aldi's. If you've ever been there before than you know you have to stick a quarter into a slot on the cart to unhook it from the other carts and then you get it back when you return it. This is a money saving effort on part of the store where they pass on the savings to you according to Aldi's. Anyway, she was trying to be nice and leave a quarter for the next person but they tried returning it to her. So today for my good deed I thought while I was out, I would give it another try. I grabbed some quarters and waited until there was no one in the cart corral and then snuck up there and placed quarters on random carts hoping that no one would see me and think I just forgot to get my quarter back and try to return it to me before I got back in the car. I was successful and hopefully finding some unexpected change will perk up someone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment