Monday, June 17, 2013

Last Mintue Scramble

  Okay, so I'm not gonna lie. I didn't complete my good deed/act of kindness until just a little bit ago this evening. This morning I was out of ideas but thought that while I was out running errands something would come across my path or something would spark an idea. But that didn't happen... nada, zilch, nothing! At least nothing that I recognized. I thought that was no big deal because it was still early in the day and something was bound to come up. But the day kept going on and still, no inspiration. By dinner time I was beginning to get nervous that my streak was about to come to an end. After we finished dinner I went out to run one more errand with fingers crossed that Id' be able to help somebody with ANYTHING! While I was standing in line to check out I began fumbling through my wallet and came across a few vouchers that I have been holding on to and it hit me that duh, why not give one of these to someone else or use it to purchase something for someone else. So I swung over to Jason's deli and to give some lucky person a free cookie and the place was empty... I was beginning to think today just wasn't meant to be, but I went up to the counter and asked the employee that since there was no one around to treat to a free cookie if I could just leave a free cookie of their choosing to the next person that came in. They happily obliged and I breathed a sigh of relief that the streak shall continue. It may not have been what I had in mind for today, but it's still a little something nice for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment