Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Serving Up Breakfast

   Today I got to check off another one of the acts of kindness/good deeds that's been on my list that I made when I started this journey and that is serving meals to the homeless and those in need. And the part that I am most excited about is that this will be a continual service that I get to do. I mentioned a place called The Journey Home a while back when I was distributing my care packs for the homeless, and while I was there became aware of a volunteer opportunity to help serve breakfast. So today was my first morning of getting to cook and serve breakfast there for several in the community. I really enjoyed it and plan to continue to do this on Tuesday mornings. I got to meet and talk to some really nice people who have been down on their luck and have had some really terrible hardships to deal with in their lives. But despite where they're at now and where they've come from they had a more positive attitude than a lot of people I know who have everything they could need and more. It was very eye opening and kind of a gut check as to how thankful and much more appreciative I can and should be for what I do have in my life currently.
   I really look forward to making this a regular part of my schedule and life and getting to know all kinds of new people from all kind of walks of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment