Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Helping The Women's and Domestic Battery Shelter

Today while I was putting away clean dishes I got frustrated because it always seems like our cabinets are filled with sippy  cups and kid bowls that my kids never use. Well no more... I yanked out all the stuff my kids don't use and had a nice little collection when I was finished. I new I would donate them but the next question was where. Since I've started this challenge in Jan. I've donated to lots of organizations and I want to keep trying to give to as many different ones as I can. A friend suggested a local woman's shelter. I did a little investigating and found a local one that would take my items and was also in need of other things as well. I added some outgrown clothes and new toiletries to the things I had already gathered up and headed on over to give them our donations. The domestic violence and sexual assault program here in town is a great organization to donate to. They provide temporary housing, legal council, children's services and hospital accompaniment to those who have been victims of many different kinds of violence and assault. Many of them are women with children and have no other place to go. I'm glad my friend suggested this place because I learned about a great local program and hopefully helped some women in need as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment