Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Shelter From The Rain

  Today has been one of those nasty rainy days that are just kinda blah and all you really want to do is curl up on the couch. Basically you don't want to be outside if you don't have to. Well this morning I had to go out in the rain for an appointment and was thankful that it was just something quick and I didn't have to be out long. While I was driving I passed one of those guys whose job it is to stand out on corners and at intersections holding up signs for advertising and it was still raining. This poor guy didn't have an umbrella or coat or anything. So after passing him, I swung back around and drove up next to him and handed him my umbrella through the car window. He smiled so big when I handed it to him and thanked me about a million times. I'm very grateful that I'm not in a line of work that puts me out in the elements and today I was happy to help someone who was.

No comments:

Post a Comment