Friday, June 28, 2013

Souls 4 Souls

  Today for my act of kindness, my kids and I donated some of our shoes to the local non-profit organization Souls 4 Souls. In the last month I've been doing quite a bit of reading on them and love what they are doing. Basically they are a group that is doing what they can to fight global poverty through the collection of new and used shoes and then redistributing them here in the U.S. and overseas to the areas that need them most.  They do this through donations and shoe drives done by individuals and groups but they also have relationships with many retailers where they are able to get overstocks, returns and discontinued items. I also love them because they are based here locally in middle Tennessee. You can find out more about their mission and if you are interested, find out where you can donate by clicking HERE.
Originally when I heard about them, I was hoping to put together a shoe drive so a large donation could be made, and that still isn't out of the question for sometime this year. So if you are a reader and would be interested in helping with a shoe drive, let me know and hopefully we can put together a great donation for a great cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment