Sunday, June 30, 2013

Straighting Up

   Long long ago in a land far far away... I worked in retail. It wasn't a job I particularly cared for but it paid the bills so to speak. Anyway one of the things I really disliked was when customers picked up items and then later changed their minds about them and just put them down in whatever aisle they were in at the moment. It always made my job that much longer at the end of the day, having to put back all the random stuff around the store that was not where it belonged. There is always plenty to do when a store closed, so one more task didn't make me or any of my co-workers very happy. While out today, I spotted a couple of items that were clearly out of place, like this bowl of grapes with the coffee creamers pictured here and a few others. At first I was just going to keep going about my business but I remembered how I hated it and I figured since I kept seeing all kinds of things out of place it was a sign I was supposed to help out and return them to their rightful place.  So for my good deed/act of kindness I put back all the items I spotted out of place while shopping. Again, not a huge thing, but I made someone's evening a bit easier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment