Saturday, June 22, 2013

Gettin' Muddy And Raising Money

   Today's good deeds were lots of fun but very tiring. Today I ran two races where the proceeds went to great causes. The first race was called the Doughboy Challenge and it was raising money for the local boys and girls club. I've done this race the last three years and it had kinda become a June tradition. It's an easy and fun course and I love helping support the boys and girls club since I spent some time there when I was a kid. And a little extra bonus was that I ran well enough to place in this one.
The second race that I did today was the Original MUD RUN and it was raising money and awareness for Special Olympics. This was one was TOUGH. Along with a 3 mile run, this one contained 20+ obstacles and of course several mud pits that you had to go through as well. But I sucked it up and was happy to support another awesome cause.

Here's an after shot of all the muddiness...
Another great day helping support great organizations!

No comments:

Post a Comment