Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mother Goose Day

 While checking emails and reading online today I found out the May 1st is Mother Goose Day and I wondered, "what the heck is that?" Mother Goose day is a day set aside to remember and pass on popular nursery rhymes and tales to children and of course to promote the importance of reading to our children. While most nursery rhymes and fairy tales are fun stories that kids enjoy, they usually include an important lesson in them as well. So I thought today I would dig out the old mother goose book we have and read all the rhymes with my kids as an extra treat today for an act of kindness. We have certain times we read everyday, but today we did some extra stories. My oldest was really excited and loved going through all the old tales we read when she was younger. I enjoyed it as well as I remembered reading many of them as a child. Mother Goose Day sounds kinda silly I know, but it's a good excuse to keep fostering the love of reading and books in our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment