Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dog Catcher

   Today when I went to pick my kids up from my friend's house who was watching them, one of their dogs Baily got out and ran across the street. She assured me that it was okay and that Bailey always comes back, that it really wasn't a big deal. So I started to get my kids in the car and then Bailey took off again going further down the street. At this point my friends' daughter began to get upset and thought the dog wasn't coming back and Bailey kept going further and further. So since Erin had her hands full with kids I said I'd go after Bailey and see if I could catch her. I started off after her and got pretty close but then she took off and she's fast. Actually I'm sure it looked pretty comical, me running after the dog for a couple of blocks and shouting for her to come to me. Erin told me again not to worry about it but I was afraid she was going to run in front of a car. I was finally able to catch up to her when she got distracted by some colorful pinwheels and I snatched her up real quick and carried her back to Erin's house. I was glad I finally caught the dog because I couldn't stand to see Mady so upset thinking she'd lost her dog and I would have felt horrible if Bailey got hit by a car. They were grateful and Mady seemed happy to have her dog back. Perhaps once both the kids are in school I could get a job with animal control, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment