Monday, May 27, 2013

National Moment Of Remembrance

  

 I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend and has had some opportunity, big or small, to celebrate and remember the the reason for this day. For today's act I observed the National Moment of Remembrance at 3pm. This was a moment of silence to remember all those who have given their lives for our country and those who continue to serve today. Like I mentioned yesterday, I have had the pleasure of having several military members in my life, either in my family or have known as a friend. So, I also wanted to name them here and hope they know how much I appreciate their service...

Preston Fritts
Arthur Fritts
Norwood Fritts
Robert Fritts
Randy Fritts
Eric Walker
Scott Fritts
Randy Naron
James Pope 
Cecil Pope
Joe Secrest
James Patterson
Norman Stalbaum
Richard Stalbaum
Ramey Salyer
Bob Salyer
Bill Salyer
Jerry Stark
Paul Bass

I also came across some interesting facts and figures about Memorial Day that I wanted to share. It's called Memorial Day by the numbers and it only takes a minute or two to read. You can check it out by clicking
HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment