Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pedestrian Crossing

   On our way home from a birthday party today, my daughter and I stopped by the grocery to pick up a few last minute items for dinner. It was really packed with cars zooming by everywhere and we had to drive all over the parking lot to find a parking space. As we circled back up to the front of the store to keep searching, I noticed an elderly man trying to make his way from the doors to his car. No one was slowing down and letting him walk out into the parking lot to get to his car. He kept standing there but nobody stopped. So I nudged my way out there and blocked the on coming traffic for a moment so he could go across the cross walk. I waved him on and he tried to hurry but I told him to just take his time. It kinda made me mad that he had the right of way being the pedestrian, but no one seemed to care or have the patience to wait for him to cross. He thanked me and waved as he made it across and I know I made some other drivers unhappy but that poor guy would have stood there all day waiting. I hope some of the other drivers out there today will follow my lead and remember that they aren't the only ones trying to get somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment