Thursday, May 30, 2013

Taking The Pledge

   Today's act/good deed is one I should have done a long time ago and not sure why I hadn't done it already. This afternoon, I took the pledge to NEVER text and drive. This also includes checking email, websites or videos because put simply... it can wait. Now while I won't text and drive when my kids have been in the car with me, I am guilty of having done it other times. There really is no excuse for it and it just plain stupid that I did it because I'm sure whatever it was could have waited.  You can go to the website itcanwait.com and take the pledge too and get some sobering facts and statistics on just how dangerous it is to drive while texting or checking your phone. For example, you are 23x's more likely to be in an accident if you are texting while driving and now over 100,000 accidents a year are from someone texting. You can also try the texting while driving simulator on the website. Like I said before, this is something I should have done a while ago because my distracted driving doesn't only affect me but all the other driver and passengers out there. I hope you'll take the pledge too and help keep us all a little safer on the road out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment