Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happy Anniversary

   Yesterday while at a party I was chatting with my friend and she told me that today was her and her husband's anniversary. I asked if they had anything planned or were gonna go out to dinner and she told me probably not and if they did they'd be taking the kids along. I just looked at her and said "oh no.... leave the kids with me and you guys go have a nice dinner just the two of you." Then she told me that they hadn't been out just the two of them since before their oldest was born and that was over five years ago. Then I insisted that they go out this evening! So for today's act of kindness the husband and I will be hosting two more kiddos. But I kinda feel like I'm cheating on this one a bit because my friends kids are always so well behaved with me and they keep my kids happy and entertained. It's not a whole lot of work for me actually... I am really happy to be able to do this because I know how important it is to be able to get some time just you and your spouse. James and I have been blessed with several family members who have helped us make sure we get some time away from the kids and my friend and her husband are WAY overdue. Happy anniversary you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment