Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Little Assistance

   This evening we went for dinner with my aunt Trish while we're visiting here in Florida and enjoyed some yummy seafood. While the food was good, my youngest was not. He was being particularly crabby and hard to get along with because he is just worn out from all the fun we've been enjoying this trip. So instead of  making the rest of the tables around us listen to him whine and cry, I got up and took him outside for a while to walk around and get some fresh air. While we were outside, I spotted an older woman coming in from the parking lot and she was having a bit of a time getting to the door with her walker. So we made our way over and for my act of kindness today, I helped her get up to the door and inside to sit down. Thankfully once my son (who is normally all over the place) saw me helping her. he stayed right by my side and watched carefully as if he knew this was just NOT the time to be running crazy through the parking lot. She was very kind and thanked us once we got inside. While I was not happy about my son's behavior while we were trying to eat, it was his actions that led me to going outside and being able to help someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment