Saturday, July 13, 2013

I Run For ???

   Our first stop on this trip is Savannah to visit with our good friends Amanda and Will. Despite the rocky start of me wrecking the rental car yesterday before we even left town, we've been enjoying our time catching up and visiting with our friends. One of the many things that Amanda and I have in common is that we're both runners and today she gave me a great suggestion for an act of kindness. She told me about a group called I run for Micheal that she found out about through some of her local runner friends here. What it is, is a group that pairs up runners with disabled kids to help them make a new friend and the runners will run races for them and help raise awareness for whatever disability it is that they suffer from.  I thought this was a great idea and couldn't wait to sign up. So for my good deed today I went and signed up through the group and hopefully soon I'll be making a new friend and helping them through my runs. You can find out more about this group on their facebook page. Just search for "I run for michael"

No comments:

Post a Comment