Friday, July 19, 2013

Hop On Over

   Tomorrow we begin the trek back home so to squeeze in a bit of more fun, so we headed to Sea World to spend the day. While I was disappointed with the majority of the park, the shows there were really great. Everyone's favorite was the dolphin show that combined all kinds of acrobatics with lots of dolphin tricks as well. It was here that I came across an opportunity for an act of kindness. Before the show began I ran to the concession to grab drinks for everyone. There were two check out lanes and after grabbing my drinks I got in one of the lines. Right before it was my turn to pay the lady at the register next to me (who had been waiting patiently for a VERY long time), was told that the register she was at was now broken and she'd have to get in the line I was in. By this point there were quite a few people behind me and if she went to the end she'd probably miss the start of the show. So I told her to just hop in front of me because she really was supposed to be next. She didn't seem sure at first and neither did my cashier because he kept saying it was my turn, but I insisted and thought she had waited long enough. She thanked me and hurried on to her seat. I'm not so sure the people behind me were thrilled that I let someone in front of me, but hey... it was the right thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment