Monday, July 8, 2013

It's A Girl!

   Today marks the beginning of a fun few weeks in our house and the start of an extended goof deed/act of kindness. One side of my husband's family is from and lives in Taiwan including his only first cousin Pin-Shin. She is eight and her parents decided this would be a good time for her to come and visit the states since her schooling and schedule is only going to get more hectic as she gets older and takes on more studies. But her parents both work full time and can't take enough time off to come and travel overseas. So my husband and I have agreed to let her stay with us for a month and try and let her experience American culture. My sister-in-law is also going to take her for a bit as well. I'm very excited that she is here and can't wait to share with her as much of the U.S. as we can. We've got some fun travel plans coming up so that we can show her more than just Tennessee. I'm also nervous about going from two to three kids, not to mention that there is a bit of a language barrier. But I'm sure it will all work out and hopefully this will be the experience of a lifetime for her. If she has a great time than that's worth whatever worries and anxiety I may have, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment