Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lets Check Aisle 4

This afternoon I went out to grab a few things before we hit the road for our next destination tomorrow. While at the grocery, a guy approached me and stared for a minute like he was trying really hard to say something and he finally just kinda blurted out "ranch!" It took me by surprise but then I replied, "as in dressing?" He nodded and it was then I realized that he was probably intoxicated or high... perhaps both, lol. He said he couldn't find it and I looked up and pointed to the aisle 4 sign that said dressing and condiments on it and again he just kinda looked blankly at me. So I asked him, "do you need me to walk you over there?" He nodded again and I took him over there. I'm not sure if he thought I worked there or what but clearly he was in no state to locate salad dressing. It was all actually kind of comical. After we grabbed a bottle I walked with him over to the check out and made sure he had what he needed and he just kinda mumbled something back to me, which I think was a "thanks" While this isn't the usual opportunity that comes my way, I got to help someone and it was a good laugh as well.

And yes... for those of you wondering I did watch him leave and make sure he didn't get behind the wheel. He hopped into his buddy's truck with his bottle of ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment