Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Second Life For Items In Need

   As I've been getting my oldest ready to start kindergarten in a few days, we've done some more clearing out of what still fits and what she's outgrown. When all was said and done, we had a pretty sizable amount of clothes, shoes and a few toys that needed to find a new home. After I let some moms who's kiddos would benefit from those sizes take what they needed, I searched for a place to take the rest. This year so far I've been able to donate a lot of our family's things to great organizations in need and today I wanted to continue that practice. A friend told me that the preschool that my daughter attended could always use clothes for the kiddos there for an extra change in case of accidents or emergencies. Some of the younger classes were also in need of toys. So for my good deed/act of kindness today I took all of our stuff to donate to them. The preschool director was surprised and very appreciative of the donation. I'm so glad I was able to help and that someone pointed me in this direction because I would have never thought of donating these items there.

No comments:

Post a Comment