Friday, August 23, 2013

Charity For Churches

   Since I started this challenge I've had several people contact me wanting to donate items or asking me if I could find a good place for their used clothing and items. I think this is awesome! I love that people are reading and following along and letting me help them help somebody else. It really is a great thing, and I'm loving every minute of it. I've also been able to make some great contacts in the community and find out where help is needed.
Today's good deed is another one where some very generous people have asked me to help them help others. The picture here is my trunk loaded down this morning with several bags of clothes and about 4 boxes of books looking for a new home. It also struck me that so far I've been able to give to many organizations but I don't believe I've donated items to any churches. So I decided that because I had so many items, instead of just picking one church, I'd go by several and offer up some items. I stopped by a few and they were more than happy to take the items off my hands. They were all very grateful and insisted on getting my name and address to thank me, but I insisted that it wasn't necessary and that I was just the facilitator helping others to give. Today was another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment