Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Good Deed For Good Deed

  So many things just fell into place and aligned perfectly for today's act of kindness/good deed. I received a text from GiGi's cupcakes saying they loaded a free cupcake onto my account because they missed my business, and I thought a cupcake would be perfect for a RAK somehow today. The next part was going to be finding a recipient. Then later this morning I was on my way to attend a info meeting for Girl Scouts at Barnes and Nobel and got a call that it was being moved to a cafe because Barnes and Nobel didn't open until 10am. At the cafe I met with several other women about getting our girls into a girl scout troop and we all just ordered coffee and some muffins for my youngest since he was tagging along. Our server Daniel was very polite and realized quickly we were having a meeting so he didn't bother or interrupt us but made sure we had what we needed. Then when it was time to get the check he said it was all on him, he was a former boy scout and saw we were getting things together for girl scouts and simply asked us to pay it forward. I couldn't tell you how happy this made me. As I've tried so hard this year to perform good deeds and acts of kindness, it is always so great when I see others doing it as well. It kind of restores my faith in  humanity, lol. As we left, I knew that he should get the free cupcake I had waiting for me. I headed over to GiGi's and picked out the tastiest looking one to take back to Daniel. He seemed so surprised when I came back and gave him the cupcake. I explained how grateful I was for his great service and act of kindness and that I wanted to do the same for him. I told him about 365 days so I could get his picture and he was more than happy to be apart of it. Before I left I also spoke to the manager there and let him know how great a job Daniel did.
   Days like today make me remember why I started this journey in the first place and excited to see what other acts lie in my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment