Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dollar General Literacy Foundation

   One of the best things I have discovered on this journey this year is that if you simply keep your eyes open there are always opportunities to help out great causes and great organizations that benefit so many people. Don't get me wrong, I love the days when I get to do something nice or help someone one on one. Unfortunately, there are some days a single person in need doesn't come across my path, but like I said a moment ago there are always great groups that can use some help or support. Today while I was out I learned about the Dollar General Literacy Foundation. This program helps through implementing new or expanding existing literacy programs, buying new technology items or equipment to support literacy initiatives and purchasing books and software for literacy programs. They also give out youth literacy grants. They have collection bins at the cash registers in each of their stores, so today while we checked out I tossed them a little money to support their cause. There are so many great things and experiences out there for us, but if you aren't literate or can't read, you'll really miss out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment