Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Surprise Treats

   I love surprises... getting them and giving them even more. So for my good deed/act of kindness today I came up with some surprises for a lucky random few. This morning I made up some treat bags full of things like candy, popcorn, raisins etc... and drove around town placing them on people's cars. I also included a quick note explaining that they were the lucky recipient of a random act of kindness and that I hoped they enjoyed the snacks. I wish I could have been there to see their faces when they found the bag but anonymous surprises are equally as fun!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the treat it really made my day! And you took a picture of my car! Yay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it, glad it made your day :)

      Delete
  2. Yes I was very shocked . I didn't even notice it, till I was in my car! Thank you again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I was a recipient of your "goody" bag yesterday. You left it on a blue BMW with "The Bodhi Tree" sticker on the door. I have to share this with you. I'm a massage therapist at the spa...I've been going through some "moods"...I decided to have a conversation with God yesterday and told Him He needed to "step up" and start giving me some signs that He is really there and LISTENING..I was sick and tired of all the nastiness in the world, can't turn on the news without wanting to just shoot myself in the head! 30 minutes later I walked out and found your gift. Thank you for letting God use you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sher... now you've made my day. Today was a kinda rough one for me because today was my daughter's first day of kindergarten and a few other reasons and then this afternoon I read your comments. They made me tear up but so happy. While I've been doing these acts of kindness this year, it has been amazing how God has totally led me in the direction I need to go in. For instance, yesterday when I was out delivering these bags I had chosen another car in that parking lot before I chose your's but for some reason I changed my mind and let the bag on your car instead.
      I hope things continue to perk up and turn around for you :)

      Delete