Sunday, August 18, 2013

Girls Day Out

   Today was a special act of kindness/good deed for my daughter. I surprised her with a special princess themed lunch at a fondue restaurant just for us girls. We had a great afternoon and seeing how much fun she had and how much she enjoyed the day made mine that much better. I have loved so much getting to help individuals and groups any chance I have gotten this year, but I also want to make sure my own family is on the receiving end a few times too. I also get an extra benefit from acts of kindness like this because special memories are made that strengthen our bond.

Something else I wanted to share about today was that even though I explained to my daughter that today was a special day for her, she wanted to bring something back for her brother since he didn't get to go. So we stopped into a candy store and she picked out a few goodies to take back to him. It warmed my heart to see her passing on the acts of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment