Friday, August 9, 2013

Dog Days Of Summer

   A while back before I became a mom, I worked for the humane society where I lived in Lexington. I loved that job because, while I did office work, I was also occasionally called on to help out in the care of the animals and do fundraising for their care. I loved getting to love on them and play but mostly I loved seeing when they got adopted out to a forever home. So in between errands today I went over to the local Humane society here in town and volunteered to get the animals out to play, run and burn off some energy. It was a lot of fun but kinda sad to see so many dogs in need of a good home.
Here are some of the cuties I got to spend time with this afternoon...
If you are local and are at all thinking of getting a dog, I beg you to check out the Humane Society. Our dog is a shelter dog and he's great. Rescued dogs are awesome and they will love you for the rest of their lives!  Here is the website for the local shelter PAWS.

No comments:

Post a Comment