Friday, August 16, 2013

More Help For The Classroom

   Like I've mentioned what seems like a thousand times before, my daughter started Kindergarten this week. It's been a lot of adjustments and not just for her, but for my husband and I as well. Starting school means going through and filling out endless forms, meeting all kinds of new people and buying all kinds of supplies. When I saw her supply list my first thought was "no way is she gonna need all this." But one thing I've learned this week is that even with all that you are required to buy at the beginning of the year, it still isn't enough to keep the classroom going and the teachers can't be left on the hook to pay for everything else out of pocket. Sadly budgets aren't big enough and teachers just aren't paid enough. So this morning when I dropped off my daughter I took in extra supplies for her teacher hoping to save her a little money. I have a feeling I will be going this a lot through out the school year because like I mentioned before, our education system is in distress and there never seems to be quite enough to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment