Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Supplying Supplies

Yesterday a mom friend of mine contacted me about a local place called the Hispanic Family Center that was in need of help getting supplies for their organization. She felt this would be a perfect fit for my 365 days of goodness and she couldn't have been more right. I was more than happy to help provide them with items they needed and to learn about such a great place. The Hispanic Family Center is a ministry that reaches out to the Latino community here in Murfreesboro and offers English and GED classes for adults and tutoring for children. One of their main goals is to help with acclimation into the local community. You can find out more about them by clicking HERE. So today I purchased some items and gave them to their director. If you are local and feel like helping, they are in need of folders with pockets, mechanical pencils, notebook paper and printer paper. I'm so glad my friend Gwen gave me a heads up and that I got an opportunity to learn about a great place.

1 comment: