Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Bead Lady

  So I've been carrying around a bag of these beads pictured here in my car for a while now, having no idea what to do with them. I got them along with another donation and was told I could do whatever I wanted with these. I went ahead and took them with the rest of the items to be donated thinking "if nothing else my kids can use them when they are playing dress up." But for whatever reason they never made it out of my car and every time I got in my car I would see them and think "oh yeah, I need to take that bag in..." Then tonight my family attended a welcome bbq for a new up and coming church and there were tons of kids running around everywhere and I remembered all those beads in the car. Kids love that sort of thing and there was 20 to 30 sets of the beads which was plenty so that every kid could have one. So I headed over to the car grabbed the bag and started passing them out. They were a hit and I have a feeling that from now on those kids will refer to me as "the bead lady". Not sure if that is a good or bad thing, but seeing the kids smile when I handed them the beads made it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment