Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Soldier's Child

    Both of our kids love race cars and today we took them to their first stock car race. It was a success because they loved it and had a great time. During the intermission there was a presentation done by a group called A Soldier's Child. This groups mission is to stand by the children whose parents have given their lives in service to our country. They strive to help keep the legacy of each solider alive by helping to celebrate the birthday's of the children left behind. They also offer several types of support to help deal with losing a parent. You can find out more details on their website by clicking HERE. During the presentation today they introduced one of the children who is currently a part of this program and shared his father's story of service to our country. It was very touching and they presented him with a new bike for his birthday. I've mentioned on on here before that I feel very strongly about supporting our troops and military because of the great sacrifices they make everyday, but their families also need our support for all that they do. So for my good deed today I donated to this organization. I am so very happy to do what I can help those who lost their parents while defending my freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment