Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Little Positive Feedback

To me customer service is oh so very important but sometimes it can be hard to find anyone who cares about it anymore. So when I go to a place where the customer service is good, or even better, when it's exceptional I want to let them know what a great job they are doing. So that's exactly what I did today for my act of kindness. Who doesn't love to hear some positive reinforcement?  I LOVE the Publix grocery store I shop at. They are always eager to help me find whatever I need, order items for me, take things out to my car, they always recognize my kids and shower them with attention and they even help me save money when they can. After I got done checking out this morning I thanked the cashiers for their help and politeness and then asked if I could talk to a manager for a moment. They quickly called one and asked if there was anything else they could do for me. I explained that I just wanted to brag on the great service and that they had done a great job. When the manager came I told them how helpful each employee was and how everyone had gone above and beyond today to help us with our shopping. He thanked me several times for the positive feedback and stressed how nice it was to hear things like that. When we get bad service we often have no problem letting someone in charge know, but sadly we (myself included) rarely take the time to let them know when service has been exceptional. Don't get me wrong, I feel like a business should know when service is bad so things can be done to correct it because a lot can be learned from mistakes. But I also feel like a compliment or a little positive praise can go a long way as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment