Monday, February 25, 2013

Quarters For Cleaning

   Today the kids and I got to go and meet my husband for lunch and afterward we had a few spills in the backseat that called for a little vacuuming. There is a car wash not far from my husband's work so we swung right in to clean up the mess. I pulled up and saw that it cost a dollar, which isn't so bad, but it only took quarters. It wouldn't take dollar bills , any other change or any kind of plastic for that matter, which to me is kinda inconvenient. There was also no change machine there where you could get quarters for your dollar.  Luckily I had several quarters on hand so it worked out okay for me this time, but I usually don't have anywhere near as many quarters as I had today. I just happened to have a lot of them leftover from our trip this weekend and they were still in my purse. I got to thinking while I was cleaning, and it occurred  to me that I bet most other people don't have strictly quarters when it comes to the money they are carrying around. So for today's act I took the quarters that I had and placed them on all the car vacuums so that others would be able to vacuum their vehicles and not get caught out of luck. I know if I hadn't had the change I did today we would have been in a sticky situation and hopefully I helped someone else avoid that as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment