Tuesday, February 5, 2013

National Pancake Day


Today is one of my favorite days... National Pancake Day! Every year on this day, IHOP gives a free stack of pancakes in exchange for a donation to the Children's Miracle Network. They are a great organization that donates and raises funds for local children's hospitals. If you are interested you can learn more about them by clicking here.  So this morning I stopped by my local IHOP after dropping my daughter at school and made a donation. But this year instead of eating my stack of pancakes I asked the manager if, along with my donation, I could give my pancakes to someone else who was dining in. He seemed kind of confused at first and I explained I was just trying to do something nice and since I didn't have time to sit down and eat them, someone else could get a truly free stack of pancakes since I was leaving a donation. He agreed and so I asked the lady at the counter to add the free pancakes to the order of the next people that came to dine in. I had just planned on the donation being my act of kindness today, but I'm glad I realized at the last minute that someone else could enjoy my pancakes absolutely free!

No comments:

Post a Comment