Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sharing A Story

   Today has been another one of my absolute favorite acts. I volunteered today to read at my daughter's school to her class. I've really been looking forward to this ever since I spoke with her teachers about it last week and I think she has too. As I've mentioned in previous posts I feel like reading is so very important to instill in our kids and that performing acts of kindness to children seems to have the greatest impact. This morning I feel like I was able to accomplish both those things.
   I let my daughter pick one of her favorite books from home for me to read today and she picked "Officer Buckle and Gloria", which is a great story about teaching safety. The kids were very kind and paid great attention and even asked a few questions afterward. It was great seeing how excited some of them would get over the funny and silly parts of the story and hearing them laugh was the best sound. I hope they always can get this excited and happy about the simple things in life. It was a great way to start my day and I hope the kids enjoyed hearing the story as much as I enjoyed reading it to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment