Thursday, February 14, 2013

Puppy Love

   Today for my act of kindness I decided to show our dog Homer a little extra love. Now don't get me wrong I showed my other Valentines (my husband and kiddos), some extra love with some special treats and some of our Valentine traditions that we do each year but I thought it would be nice to do a little something for Homer today too.  Our dog is far from a puppy, he's creeping up on 9yrs old but he's still young at heart and loves to go for walks and smell all the smells of the outside world. So today I thought I'd take him on a nice long walk/jog just the two of us. Now before all you naysayers out there start thinking, "She took her dog for a walk and that is supposed be her good deed today??"  Let me give you a little background... We usually reserve walking the dog for times when we all go out for a walk so my husband can hold on to the leash because Homer likes to pull and drag a bit. And when I say a bit, I mean A LOT! He loves to run off after cats and dogs and anything that moves really. He also tires quickly so just we we get going good he's pooped and ready to stop. So I'm not a big fan of walking him and when he needs exercise I usually just open the door to our back yard that is fenced and let him run. But today I took him with me on my run and yes, he pulled and yanked me in every possible direction and yes, he had to go after every moving animal we encountered but I also think he loved it. He smiled his big goofy doggy smile at me each time I let him stop to smell each bush, person, animal, poop, piece of trash, etc... that he encountered. I think he also liked that he got to choose our path rather that one of our kids which is usually the case. So while my neck and arm will be sore later from all the pulling an jerking I know he appreciated a little special time for just him. He enjoyed it so much that he's been napping ever since we got home and probably will thru Sunday ! Happy Valentines Homer!

No comments:

Post a Comment