Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Sweetest Kiss...

   So my random act today involved me cleaning out all the pennies in my car. While I was filling up my gas tank today, I started picking up all the trash I found in the front and back seat and I noticed I had collected a large number of pennies in cracks and crevices and cup holders all over the car. When the gas tank was done filling, I started to head inside the station to grab a drink and I thought of the pennies. I grabbed them up and went to the counter and dropped them all in the "take a penny, leave a penny" holder. I've always loved this feature at gas stations and have used more than my fair share. So I was happy to fill it up and then some.
   But this isn't the act of kindness that I want to talk about today. The one I'm most proud of is the one my daughter performed. When I got to her school today to pick her up, one of her teachers was letting the kids pick candy from the candy bucket. When it was her turn her teacher asked her what she wanted and she told her she was looking for a chocolate kiss. It didn't appear that there was any kisses in there, only suckers, but she kept digging and finally found one. Her teacher told her how lucky she was because that was the very last one. She then turned to me and said, "here you go mom, I wanted to get this for you because I know ho much you like chocolate." My jaw dropped! I was so touched and proud of her for giving up her special candy for someone else. Her teacher was too, so much in fact that she let her pick another piece for being so kind and sharing.
   My kids have been helping me with some of my good deeds since I started this challenge and I had been wondering if any of these lessons were rubbing off on them. Today I got my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment