Friday, February 8, 2013

Crafts for Cuties

   Today's good deed was brought to my attention by my friend Kendra. She told me about some family friends whose child, Addy, has been in the hospital battling cancer and having numerous chemo treatments. She's had a rough go of it with the treatments and suffered some setbacks but through it all her love of all things crafts has remained strong. There isn't a whole lot else she can do while she's in the hospital and this is the case for many of the other kids at Vanderbilt. So Addy's mom started a drive to collect several kinds of  arts and craft supplies to give to all the children in the hospital. Specifically with the hope that they would all have items to make whatever they wanted to for Valentine's Day.   
   So when Kendra told me about this I started asking around one of my mom's groups to help me gather and collect items to deliver. I got a great response from so many donating every kind of craft item you can think of and today I picked them all up and delivered them to the organization that Addy's mom started called Crafts for Cuties. I hope these items can brighten the days of some really sick kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment