Sunday, February 3, 2013

Breakfast Of Champions

   Today's act of kindness was performed for my family, and I'm not sure my husband is 100%  convinced that it actually counts. I see where he is coming from understand his view to some point but I still feel it counts, lol! So please feel free to comment or weigh in if you think it is a valid act of kindness or if I just kinda phoned this one in today...
   Since today is Superbowl Sunday, I figured my family could use a breakfast of champions. So instead of just pouring a quick bowl of cereal or throwing an Eggo waffle in the toaster, which is the norm most mornings here, I actually used the stove and oven and cooked a hearty breakfast. I made home made blueberry pancakes from scratch, hash browns, biscuits and of course coffee.  It seemed to go over pretty well and I didn't even burn the house down!  My daughter really seemed to appreciate the departure from our normal breakfast. And here is the aftermath of today's act of kindness...

And yes, I did the clean up as well because to me  it wouldn't have seemed like much of something special if they had to do they clean up. As much as I have really enjoyed doing the random acts for strangers I really enjoy doing them for my loved ones as well. There was nothing better than seeing the smiles my kids had as they stuffed their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment