Wednesday, February 13, 2013

More Donations

Supporting the military and our veterans is something that is very important to me as I've mentioned before in some of my earlier random acts of kindness this year. So today I donated a couple of boxes of my family's clothing and shoes and a few new items to an organization called AMVETS. They are a group that supports our veterans as well as active military and their families by collecting all kinds of clothing and household items to give to those in need as well as monetary donations. AMVETS also makes it incredibly easy to donate to them since they come to your home to pick up, so all I had to do was set it outside. They also work to make sure that veterans get the benefits they have earned through service to their country and that community programs are available to help those who are getting back into civilian life. You can learn more about all the great programs they provide and read more on their organization by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment