Saturday, February 16, 2013

In Need Of A Loving Home

   Today was another one for the dogs. When I went to pick up our dog Homer from getting a much needed bath and haircut at Petco there was a long line of other people picking up or dropping off their furry friends. So I started walking around the store waiting for the line to die down a bit. A few days a week local animal shelters bring in some of their dogs that are up for adoption in hopes that some of the pet store customers will give one of them a new home and they were set up there today. They of course all looked so sad and pathetic, but I guess I would too if I spent the majority of my time in a cage or kennel constantly watching people come and go and hoping that one of them would take me home. So since I was just waiting around anyway I figured I could do a little something for these dogs for my act of kindness today. I went and bought some treats off the shelf and then asked the shelter employees if it was okay for me to feed them to the dogs. They were more than okay with it and happy I was giving them a little extra attention. I went to each dog and gave them lots of treats and rubs and played with them for a bit. I was really trying to show how fun and loveable each of them were as possible adopters came by.  We got our dog from a shelter and he's a great part of our family and hopefully soon these dogs will be a great addition to another family.

No comments:

Post a Comment