Monday, February 18, 2013

Recycling Today For A Better Tomorrow

So for today's good deed I decided I would save the Earth... okay, so not exactly but today I'm starting to pick up some of my slack. Sadly my family and I don't recycle much of anything anymore. I had bins that I used at our previous home, but since we moved here they have gone by the wayside. Recycling is such a no-brainer and very easy once you set up some sort of bin or receptacle system. And that's exactly what I did today. I found boxes that we weren't using and just taking up space and designated them for paper, plastic and aluminum. I picked these three to start since my family throws away a lot of each of these materials. So now instead of tossing them in the trash, I'll put them in their designated box and when they are full I'll take them to the recycling center. These will be easy for my kids to participate in and hopefully pick up the recycling habit as well. So maybe I didn't save the entire Earth today, but I did do something nice for our future.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your daily acts of kindness! You are giving me some great ideas. Keep up the good work. You are going to feel so wonderful come December when you can look back and see all that you've done and how many lives you've touched with a little extra effort.

    ReplyDelete