Friday, February 22, 2013

Leftovers

   This morning I had to take my daughter for a special appointment for school and because she did so well we went for a special breakfast afterward, just her and I. We went to Panera Bread and enjoyed some yummy bagels and muffins with our coffee and milk. I think our eyes were bigger than our stomachs because we got full pretty quick and had plenty of left overs. I asked her what we should do with all our goodies and she had a great idea. She said, "let's find some people who need them." After she said this, I immediately thought of the homeless people we had passed this morning on our way to the appointment. So I had the Panera employees bag up what we had left and we headed back out to give them away.  I found the few hungry homeless people that we had seen before and pulled over and gave them our bag of bagels and muffins. They were very grateful and thanked me for stopping several times. Seeing hungry people, especially in the country we live in where there is so much abundance breaks my heart. As we left, my daughter had several questions about the homeless people and I answered them as best I could and told her that every chance we get to help others we should. I hope the bagels and muffins we shared today help them make it through another day.

   On an unrelated note, my husband and I are going out of town this weekend, but the acts of kindness will continue of course. I just may be late about posting them because i am not sure what my internet connection will be like. But please keep checking back because we I have a great act for tomorrow that I've been working on for a couple of weeks and am so excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment