Friday, February 15, 2013

Campus Candy Craze!!

  Today is one of my favorite days of the year... that's right, the day after valentines day when candy is deeply discounted. I always look forward to going out and finding the best deals on goodies, not that we ever have a shortage of them in our house. This year that is especially true and we really don't need anymore candy in the house because we are still working on our Halloween and Christmas candy. But I hate to pass up such good deals so I figured I could some how work all this incredibly cheap candy into an act of kindness today. I even asked for some suggestions and got some great ideas, all of which I already had plans to do something for or I'm storing them away for future use. While I was out scouting the best cheap candy, it hit me who I should give it to. I was close to the local college and saw a couple students walking through an intersection. I remembered back (long ago) when I was away at college and how free food and getting care packages of sweets were some of the best things ever. So I pulled a quick turn and headed for the campus to give out the candy to random students out and about. We drove all around approaching kids who more than welcomed free chocolate. I was worried that some might be creeped out by some strange lady driving around offering candy from her car window, so I had some of the cards that my husband made for me on hand to explain that this was just purely a nice gesture and that the back door of my SUV wasn't going to swing open and someone jump out and grab them, lol.  Everyone was happy to get some unexpected chocolate. After I drove all over the campus for a while I headed to over to one of the college ministries on campus and gave them what I had remaining in the bag. They were also very sweet and appreciative. I was really happy to share a little love with those college kids.
   I also wanted to mention that I found out today that this week has been National Random Acts Of Kindness Week. It goes through this Sunday, the 17th of Feb. I think this is great that a whole week has been dedicated to RAK's. If you can, take a moment to do an act of your own. You never know how one simple act of kindness can change someone else for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment