Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's A Dirty Job But Somebody's Got To Do It...

Every Thursday morning around 10am when the garbage truck comes down our street, my son gets really excited and asks to go outside so we can watch the truck pick up our trash. So most Thursdays when we're home, he and I head outside and and sit in the driveway and watch the truck go up one side of our street and back down the other picking up everyone's trash. My son loves all the sounds and watching the arms lift each trash can.  When the garbage man gets to our house my son waves to him like crazy and shouts "Hi" over and over again. Luckily our garbage man is very friendly and always smiles and waves back to us. But when we went out today, we had a little something extra for him. I know picking up trash probably is not the most exciting job in the world but it has to be done and I'm thankful we have such a nice and polite man who comes and gets our each week. So today we took him some cookies to say thanks for working hard for us.
Here's my son, waiting patiently for him to get to our house so he can give him his treat. When he pulled up to our driveway, my son waved the package of cookies at him and he opened the door. He was very polite and thanked us many times for the thoughtful treat. Hopefully a few cookies made his day a little brighter. I know it made my son's to get to get up close and personal with the garbage truck and give him the goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment