Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Shamrocks Against Dystrophy

   Today's act of kindness was supporting the Muscular Dystrophy Association and it was so easy to do. Since I've started this mission to perform acts of kindness, I'm finding more and more each day that if I simply open my eyes and pay attention to things around me, opportunities to help others and organizations are everywhere. Today while I was in the check out line at the grocery, they had these shamrocks out for anyone who wanted to donate to MDA. Most of the time I just go about my business and don't pay attention to signs like these asking for donations or help but today I gladly donated a few dollars to a great donation. The MDA is an organization that helps to support and find a cure for a number of neuromuscular diseases that affect millions of Americans. They have great information and ways you can help on their website if you are interested. The Shamrocks against Dystrophy is a yearly campaign that is supported by all kinds of businesses in the U.S. and MDA provides all the materials for them . Like I mentioned before this act was so simple, didn't take any extra time and went to help a great cause. If I can just continue to literally keep my eyes open, performing acts of kindness all year should be a breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment