Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cleaning Up the Carts

   Today's random good deed is one I had originally planned a few weeks back but the opportunity arose this afternoon so I jumped on it. I had the silly idea to go to the grocery today, the Saturday before super bowl Sunday, to pick up a few items we needed at home. It might as well have been the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. To say that it was a bit of a mad house would be an understatement. At first glance I dreaded fighting the crowds inside, but the hordes of people lead to several abandoned carts in the parking lot, which for this particular store is rare. So then I realized "Aha... Here's my chance!" I went in and got the items I needed as quickly as I could and after putting my things in the car I began grabbing random carts and pushing them together. Then once I got them all together, I took them back inside to the store, stopping once to give one of them to a man requesting one of the carts for himself. The employees assisting customers out to their cars with their items all had pleasant looks on their faces when they saw what I was doing. They seemed to appreciate a little extra help on this extra busy day. It wasn't much but maybe by me taking care of the parking lot, they were able to help customers inside finish their shopping a little faster. Another small act that I think went a long way to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment