Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Little Bit Of Grace

   Those that really know me, know that one of my biggest pet peeves is people who have no consideration for others. Those who don't care about those around them and are so wrapped up in what's going on with themselves that they don't notice how they are affecting others. I think we've all come into contact with people like that from time to time and today was one of those times for me. As a matter of fact I came into contact with several of those people today. When this happens, after I feel I have given them ample time to realize what they are doing and correct it and they don't I get pretty frustrated. But today I chose to handle it differently. My husband and I have been doing a bible study about God's grace that he gives us unconditionally. I'm not going to get into religious lesson here but my point is that grace is something that is given to me over and over and over again on a daily basis and if I'm constantly given the benefit of the doubt, than why can't I give it to others... I don't know what these other people are going through and how the day has treated them. So when I waited in line for a while at the bakery today and another gentleman blatantly cut in front of me and everyone else waiting , instead of getting mad I just kept telling myself "I don't know what's going on with him and maybe he has some sort of emergency that he can't afford to wait in this line." Or when I was trying to pull out of a parking spot and another person pulled behind me and blocked me from leaving. I thought, " maybe they are waiting for another spot and they don't realize they almost caused and accident." Several other instances of this occurred today and each time I tried to give everyone of them benefit of the doubt because I (Gulp) am sure I am guilty of this sometimes too. At the end of the day getting upset doesn't do me or them any good but showing a little compassion does.

No comments:

Post a Comment